Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hall of Fame Wedding at The Liberty Hotel




I have to admit, I had no idea who Jim Rice was, so when his daughter Carissa called and said that she was impressed with me answering my own phone and wanted to hire me to do her wedding, I smiled and planned a meeting with her mom and dad to get things under way. I had no idea that her Dad was totally famous, especially here in Boston and that he was about to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame. I am always impressed with great achievements but to be totally honest I am way more excited about gorgeous diva gals and planning their weddings than I will ever be about baseball. I think that Carissa and her parents appreciate that. We are having a great time planning the details for her summer 2010 wedding and have chosen the oh, so chic Liberty Hotel, one of the leading hotels of the world and a former Boston's jailhouse as the venue for the wedding.


"The ultimate union of historic influence and contemporary design, this luxury hotel in Boston is inspired by a sophisticated interior decor that integrates with the architecture’s beautiful simplicity. Echoing the stone facade, reception desks are punctuated with a panel of granite warmed by a surrounding concentric panel of mahogany woods. Throughout the public areas, American colonial prints, enlarged and rendered in historic colors such as maroon, gray and purple, provide a fresh take on a traditional look, while bold geometric carpets in rich hues of purple and yellow are reminiscent of New England window panes and the friezes of traditional doors. Captivating in every sense of the word, The Liberty Hotel promises an unforgettable guest experience in a unique setting second to none. "























Carissa and Andrew's ceremony will have the aisle defined by gorgeous mounds of rich summer color and lots of candles. They will be married against a display of mango gold calla lilies which will look amazing displayed against a modern hedge of hydrangea and south American roses.
My team and I will turn the room over while the bride and groom enjoy cocktails with their guests. This is never an easy task, but with my "A" team and the nimble hands of the Liberty staff, I have every confidence in the world that we will be able to turn Carissa's reception into the modern, sophisticated and chic event that she hopes it will be.

I have brought in Boston's best to help me with this event. I am so happy that I will have the incredible photography duo of Person and Killian Photography there to capture every amazing detail from behind their lens.

I am totally excited about creating a lounge around the dance floor. Some guests will be able to chill out, while others shake their booty on the dance floor. I will use sleek benches in deep red leather along with wooden cocktail tables to create a totally cozy, hip and romantic vibe.
We will be having both the ceremony and the reception in the main ball room of the hotel. The carpet defines the colorway in this room as it does through out the rest of the hotel. It would be such a design mistake to move away from the historically bold color and pattern, so instead I have taken it to new levels in my design for Carissa's big day. We will be challenged to turn this room over while the bride and groom enjoy cocktails from the lofty perch high above the hotel lobby. With my A team on hand, I am sure that we will hit it right out of the park.

There are so many incredible details to the hotel, done in such an incredible way, that it is almost easy to be inspired. Every detail, every service standard has exceeded my expectations. My absolute favorite, to die for detail is the "Solitary Confinement" notes with keys that are left on the door when one wants to be alone. They take jailhouse and architectural detail and marry the two to perfection. If the hotel finds one of these missing, it will be framed in my office as a reminder of this awesome couple's wedding and a truly fantastic hotel.
If there standard is for me to "be captivated", then I am. We are in for a wedding that Boston will not soon forget. Congratulations Carissa and Andrew, I can hardly wait for your big day.

1 comment:

  1. You know the woman the most beautiful moment is? That is the moment when her wedding dress, Check it out!Sweep Train Wedding gowns

    ReplyDelete