Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You won't believe what this costs






I was asked this week to submit ideas to Boston Bride Magazine for the cheapest, best looking table top ideas, that can be made at home.


Being an yankee at heart, I was thrilled at the chance to make cheap, chic.


First I hit Building 19 and found a ton of glass containers that I thought would make great candle holders. I gathered the glass containers in varying sizes to form a nice cluster. I love the basket weave of the smaller votive holder. Very Nantucket Basket. I used scaps of ribbon and shells that I gathered on the beach to dress up the taller pillar candle holder. I then took the rest of the shells and gathered them around the base of the cluster. Alone, I think that it looks really great and the price can't be beat. The candles and glassware cost $8.00. The cluster on a cocktail table alone at a seaside wedding would be so sweet.


I used the cluster of candles and shells along with a floral arrangement for a guest table arrangment. I simply arranged the flowers that I picked up at the local Stop and Shop with a bit of greenery in a vase that I picked up at the Christmas Tree Shop. Total cost $9.25. It is hard to believe that a $8.00 cocktail table arrangement and $17.25 per guest table could look so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment